Handling a complaint
If you have a complaint regarding a procurement activity please attempt to first resolve the problem informally with the contact officer.
For a complaint regarding the tender process, please refer to the Terms and Conditions of Tender.
If you are not satisfied with the contact officer's response or action, you can lodge a formal complaint with ENERGEX's Procurement Operations Department.
When making a complaint you should provide:
- your name, address and telephone contact details
- a factual and concise outline of your complaint details in the order they happened
- copies of original documents relating to your complaint
- details of prior contact with ENERGEX on the complaint, including the names of any ENERGEX representatives you may have previously dealt with
Lodging your complaint
Lodging your procurement complaint is simple, you can:
Phone our Contact Centre:
13 12 53
(07) 3664 9846
Procurement Operations Manager
GPO Box 1461,
If the complaint cannot be resolved informally, ENERGEX will ask you to submit your complaint in writing.
ENERGEX can arrange assistance for you if writing is difficult due to language differences or disability.
What are my rights when making a complaint?
You have the right to:
- Easily lodge a complaint, and where required, seek assistance to lodge it, at no charge from ENERGEX.
- Have your complaint dealt with in a fair, equitable, efficient, respectful and courteous manner.
- Provide directly relevant material in support of the complaint.
- Have information identified by you as confidential, treated as confidential by ENERGEX unless it has reasonable grounds for doing otherwise (eg a report to the Minister or Ombudsman).
- Seek your own legal advice.
- Be informed of the criteria and processes for how your complaint will be dealt with.
- Know whether this charter has been followed.
- Be informed of ENERGEX's response and the reason for this response.
How will my complaint be handled?
- ENERGEX will receive your complaint, record the details, give it fair and genuine consideration and deal with it in an effective way to achieve fair outcomes.
- ENERGEX will enquire into your complaint, and consult with relevant ENERGEX staff and agencies (where appropriate) within a reasonable time frame, having regard to the nature and complexity of the complaint.
- ENERGEX will keep you and the person complained about (if applicable) informed of the progress.
- ENERGEX will treat all information with respect and handle personal information in accordance with ENERGEX's Release of Confidential Information Policy (BMS 00861).
- ENERGEX will take action to resolve the complaint.
Some important points
Someone else may make a complaint on your behalf; however it may be necessary for ENERGEX to contact you directly.
- If you are experiencing difficulty expressing your complaint, you may seek ENERGEX's assistance.
- If you make an anonymous complaint, ENERGEX's capacity to enquire into the issue may be limited.
- Whilst all attempts will be made to protect your identity, your identity may become apparent during the course of the inquiry.
- ENERGEX may request your assistance to enable it to assess and process your complaint.
- Please do not make complaints that intentionally provoke irritation, or are frivolous or that relate to a matter that has been dealt with in a previous complaint.
Feedback about our services
ENERGEX is committed to maintaining the highest standards in managing its contracting and procurement processes. Your feedback is very important.
You can telephone, fax, email or write to us to provide feedback on our service and the Complaint Handling Charter.
If you would like to make a suggestion about our complaint handling process, please raise the matter with your ENERGEX representative in the first instance.
If you are not satisfied, please contact ENERGEX using the details above.
You require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view or print documents.
Back to top