What is a distribution linesperson?
A distribution linesperson works at the heart of our business. They install, repair and maintain the overhead and underground power network that supplies electricity to our customers.
As a linesperson, you’ll enjoy the variety of working in different outdoor locations and your reasonable level of fitness will be important as you’ll be climbing and maintaining plenty of poles.
As an apprentice distribution linesperson you’ll learn about:
- maintaining power poles and wires
- installing aerial equipment
- making and repairing joins in underground cables
- pulling and feeding cables through underground pipes
- emergency response work
- responding to loss of supply call outs.
What’s required for the role?
To apply for this trade type you must have at least one of the following:
- completed Year 12 and passed Senior Maths A or General Maths, English and a Science subject is highly advantageous, or
- completed equivalent pre-vocational studies including a Certificate II in Electrotechnology, or
- have relevant work experience.
When can I apply?
You can apply for an apprenticeship when we’re advertising for applicants, which usually happens about twice a year.
Visit our latest intake webpage to see if we’re advertising apprenticeships right now.
Got any more questions?
If you still have questions, you might find answers on our FAQs webpage , or you can contact one of our Apprentice Management Team members:
T: 1800 262 353