Community Fund terms & conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to the administration of our Community Fund.
- In these terms and conditions, “Grantor” means either Energex Limited or Ergon Energy Corporation Limited, depending upon the geographic location of the project proposed in a grant application.
- Grant applications must be in the prescribed form, must comply with any submission requirements published by the Grantor and will only be accepted from government entities or incorporated not-for-profit organisations.
- The Grantor will assess applications and award grants at its sole and absolute discretion. The Grantor may, in assessing applications, use any criteria it considers relevant, including both published and unpublished criteria. The Grantor is not required to provide notice or reasons for the award or refusal of any grant application.
- Successful applicants will be asked to enter into a Grant Funding Agreement with the Grantor setting out the rights and obligations of the parties in relation to the grant. The Grantor is not legally bound and is not required to advance any grant amounts unless and until a Grant Funding Agreement is in place between the parties. A Grant Funding Agreement may be for a grant amount different from the application and may impose additional conditions or obligations on the grant recipient.
- Information provided by applicants will be collected, used and disclosed in accordance with our Privacy Statement. In addition to any other use outlined in those policies, Energex Limited and Ergon Energy Corporation Limited may share between them any information you provide in connection with an application and may use that information for promoting, administering and operating the Fund and related initiatives.
- The Grantor may update or replace these terms and conditions from time-to-time.
- These terms and conditions apply only to the People's Choice grant:
- Only those projects that receive 2019 Ergon-Energex Fund grants will be eligible for the 2019 People's Choice grant.
- Members of the public can vote for their favourite People's Choice project as many times as they like. Voting will be carried out online via the Energex and Ergon Energy website.
- The Grantor will assess the winner of the People's Choice grant by counting the number of votes for each eligible project, and the project with the most votes will win the People's Choice grant. In the case of a tie, the Grantor will choose a winner at its own discretion.
- The Grantor's decision is final.
- The winner of the People's Choice grant will be asked to enter into a second Grant Funding Agreement with the Grantor in order to receive the People's Choice grant.