EsiTrain offer a range of theory-based courses in an interactive online environment. Many of the EsiTrain courses require field work in the Electricity Supply Industry, and are not suitable for purely an online training approach. For this reason, EsiTrain has developed blended learning, combining online training with login tutorial support, for theory components and instructor-led training for practical components.
Training material is continually being converted to E-Learning and EsiLearn format, and the E-Learning arm of EsiTrain is expanding rapidly.
Get started on your E-Learning journey today by following the quick, two-step booking process below.
- Course prerequisites Check you have completed the required prerequisites (PDF 199.7 kb) for your course before booking.
- Price list Read the EsiTrain price list (PDF 102.0 kb) and make note of your training course fee.
- Book Register for E-Learning modules by completing the EsiLearn training order form. Once registered, you will receive an email with a link and login details to access the training. When you have successfully completed a course, you will receive a certificate of completion and results will be added to the Energex Competency Authorisation Management System (CAMS).
For any enquiries, please complete the EsiTrain Contact and Feedback Form.
- Recognise and manage heat stress
- Explain the meaning of manual tasks as they relate to the field and office work environment
- Describe the basics of musculoskeletal disorders and their effects on individuals;
- Explain the hazards and risks factors that are implicated in the development of musculoskeletal disorders;
- Access and identify information regarding manual tasks policy, procedure, code of practice and legislation;
- Perform hazard identification and apply risk management strategies to control factors that lead to musculoskeletal disorders;
- Identify management controls for reducing or eliminating the risk of injury from manual tasks
- Discuss individual and lifestyle factors that are implicated in the development and prevention of musculoskeletal disorders.
- Demonstrate safe lifting and handling techniques
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of an Electricity Officer in relation to the Queensland Electricity Act 1994
- Identify the process to report and respond to emergency callout
- Understand key roles and responsibilities
- Ensure Safety of Personnel, Plant and the Public
- 3 Shift Fatigue Management Cycle
- Identify O/H Lines and Apparatus
- Recognise and Report Faults on the Network
- Identify a Network Fault & Stand Guard
- Explain what the environment is and how it impacts on our operations
- Describe the Environmental Management System
- Identify applicable Environmental Legislation
- Describe general environmental issues and the impacts associated with organisational operations and activities
- Explain how to manage and report environmental issues during the course of work activities
- Understand Energex Environmental Policy and Environmental Management System as it relates to oil spill management
- Understand how to minimise the potential for oil spills
- Understand what to do in the case of an oil spill
- Understand responsibilities for the management of the spread of oil spills
- Understand liabilities associated with mismanagement of this issue
- Understand Energex Environmental Policy and Environmental Management system as it relates to Declared Pest plant Management
- Understand Declared Pest plant identification, spread and Management
- Understand responsibilities for the Management of the spread of Declared Pest Plants
- Understand liabilities associated with mismanagement of the issue
- Understand principles of soil erosion, sediment control and basic risk assessments
- Understand liabilities associated with the mismanagement of these issues, and what to do when an inspector or authorised sediment control officer arrives on site
On successful completion of this module including all prerequisites and assessments you should be able to:
- state the basic facts about Energex and the Electricity Supply Industry
- state key legislative obligations, company policy, manuals and obligations
- identify potential hazards, consequences and control measures
- state key responsibilities for ensuring safety of systems, people, plant and environment
- Demonstrate an awareness of the requirements relevant to contractors including:
- Code of Conduct
- Energex Values
- Complaints and Compliments
- Guaranteed Service Levels
- Rewards and Recognition
8 hrsREGISTER FOR E-LEARNING