Our Prequalification Scheme (PQS) allows us to efficiently and effectively engage contractors to carry out work in specific work categories without the need for a standard tender process for each engagement. The benefits for both the supplier and us include simplified terms and conditions, no lock in contracts, flexibility of accepting / rejecting work and streamlined competitive tendering processes.
The work categories available under the scheme cover:
- Construction Services (1010)
- Distribution Network Services (1020)
- Engineering Services (4001)
- Major Projects Design & Construction Services (1030)
- Plant & Equipment Hire (2000)
- Professional Services (4000)
At this point in time we will not be accepting any additional suppliers until late 2018. Suppliers are encouraged to submit a business profile to: SPGNetworkServices@energyq.com.au
Overview of the scheme
To determine suitability for the scheme, suppliers are assessed on the following criteria:
- Capability and availability of resources
- Financial capacity and stability
- Licencing & Insurance
- Key personnel and qualifications
- Management, safety and quality systems
- Previous experience
Once approved, a prequalification status is valid for five years (this can be reviewed at any time). After which a supplier is invited to renew their prequalification status. Prequalification is not a guarantee that we will procure any goods, services or works from a supplier.
How to apply
Read the terms and conditions
Read the Prequalification Scheme Terms (PDF 285.2 kb). This document highlights key aspects of the overarching scheme. Suppliers can apply for several work categories within the scheme, each work category also have supplementary terms and conditions:
- PQS001 Construction
- PQS002 Design and construct
- PQS003 Plant Hire (PDF 411.4 kb)
- PQS004 Professional services (PDF 125.6 kb)
- PQS1014 Refurbishment and minor construction (PDF 398.4 kb)
Terms & conditions may change without prior notice.
Contract tenders can be offered through two ways, direct prequalification panels or the Queensland Government QTenders website.
- QLD Qtender – visit the website, click on the Suppliers link under the Register section in the left hand menu. Subscribe to receive alerts.
- Prequalification panels – When completing an application form, more than one work category can be selected. Fees may apply upon application and approval will take approximately 4-8 weeks. Once approved, vendor panels are invitation only.
Any questions or concerns about our prequalification panel applications, email us at SPGNetworkServices@energyq.com.au