Demand Side Engagement
Demand Side Engagement Facility
Energex maintains a facility to allow parties to register their interest in being notified of developments relating to distribution network planning and expansion projects.
If you would like to join this facility please complete our online form.
Demand Side Engagement Strategy
Energex’s Demand Side Engagement Strategy outlines how Energex engages with non-network providers and considers non-network options in accordance with Clauses 5.13.1 (e), (g) and (h) of the National Electricity Rules.
Demand Side Engagement Strategy outlines key information to assist non-network providers in providing submissions for credible non-network solutions as alternatives to network investment.
Non-network service providers
If you are a non-network service provider the process to consult with Energex on non-network opportunities in response to issued Non-network Options Reports is provided below:
- Register on the Demand Side Engagement Facility Register to receive notifications on planning and expansion projects.
- Non-Network Options Report After a Non-network Options Report is published, a consultation period of a minimum of three months commences. If you are a non-network service provider you can provide a submission and/or make enquiries in this period via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Refer to Appendix A: Example of a Best Practice Non-network Proposal.
- Consultation During the consultation period, opportunities for viable non-network options, once identified are developed to ensure they can be compared to supply side only options. In addition, the level of interest and ability of both non-network providers and customers to participate in any identified non-network options will be assessed. Energex may require further information in order to develop a non-network option or undertake an assessment. If so, the proponent will be notified and asked to provide the necessary information.
- Assessment Energex will assess all submissions against the criteria detailed in the Non-network Options Report and provide a written response of the outcome. If it is deemed there is a viable non-network option, or group of options, a Request for Proposals will be issued.
- Request for Proposals Request for Proposals will be issued and assessed according to Energex’s standard procurement process with detailed requirements and evaluation criteria developed to reflect the specific characteristics of the relevant network limitation and expected value of the work to be awarded.
- Notification If your submission is successful, contract negotiations will commence under Energex procurement guidelines. If unsuccessful, you will be notified in writing of the outcome. A summary of non-network assessments will be provided in the Draft Project Assessment Report and published on the Energex website. In addition, a notification of the reports publication will be sent to registered parties. After that, any related contracts will take effect as per their terms.
Other Energex non-network opportunities for large customers
Visit our Positive Payback Business program for targeted demand management initiatives operating in areas where significant network capital investment is expected within five to ten years.
Visit our residential demand management programs that provide customers with incentives on a range of appliances such as air-conditioners, hot water systems and pool pumps.
For any enquiries please contact us at email@example.com
For more detailed information please refer to Energex's Demand Side Engagement Strategy.