Connection to economy tariffs for builders and developers
As a builder or developer you also have the option to connect the pool pump and hot water systems in your new build to an economy tariff.
By connecting these appliances to an economy tariff, your customer can save money year after year without affecting the cleanliness of their pool or temperature of their hot water.
Economy tariff 31 provides electricity for a minimum of 8 hours a day and Economy tariff 33 provides electricity for a minimum 18 hours a day, both at a discounted rate.
You can claim $200 per successful connection to an economy tariff.
How to arrange a connection
- Connection. Speak to your licensed plumber or electrician to arrange a quote and connection of the pool pump or hot water system to an economy tariff.
- Work completed. Once the work is completed your electrician will submit an Electrical Work Request (EWR) to Energex (there will be an upfront meter installation charge applicable).
- Contact your electricity retailer. Contact your electricity retailer and let them know you have connected the premise to an economy tariff. Your electricity retailer will then submit a Business to Business (B2B) request to Energex.
- Claim your reward! You are now ready to claim your reward.
Claim your reward
To claim your reward for a connection to an economy tariff you will need the following:
- Your bank account details (BSB and Account number). We pay all rewards by EFT.
- A copy of your plumbers receipt (if applicable).