Demand Management Systems
Demand Management Systems (DMS), also known as Building Management Systems (BMS) can moderate electricity demand for a customer site.
DMS can control and monitor individual services such as air conditioning and lighting within the customer's premises. The control of HVAC, lighting, security systems, elevators/escalators and other electrical equipment can also assist with reducing peak demand on site.
We offer businesses the opportunity to receive funding to assist with the upgrade/installation of DMS to reduce your electricity demand. Check below if you are eligible!
Are you eligible?
To be eligible to apply for an Energex reward you will need to answer YES to the below questions.
- Is your business located in an eligible suburb? Check our list of eligible suburbs.
- Does your business have an Australian Business Number (ABN)?
- Are you upgrading/replacing existing appliances/lighting to reduce electricity demand?
- Application to be submitted by the customer whose site the equipment is being installed on, not by the supplier or installer on behalf of the customer.
NOTE: Application consists of three parts to be completed, one prior to and two after work has been finalised.
Apply for a reward
If you have answered YES to the above eligibility questions, follow the below steps and apply for a reward.
Part 1 - Apply for a reward
If you have answered YES to the above eligibility questions, you can submit an application to apply for an Energex reward.
Applications must be submitted prior to completing the project.
Ensure you have the following information on hand:
- The National Metering Identifier (NMI) for your business (see electricity bill)
- Details of the lighting project you plan to undertake
Applying for another reward? Do it all on the same form!
All reward amounts are disclosed to the customer only. Please ensure the application form contains the customer details, not the supplier or installer.
Part 2 - Complete the reward application
- Work completed Complete the project work within the agreed timeframe.
- Login Login to the customer portal using your existing username and password.
- Complete application Complete the Reward Application Form - Part 2. You will need to attach proof the work is completed (i.e. equipment and installation documentation) and proof of the equipment cost.
- Application review Energex will review the application and contact you to advise if your application is successful or if your reward amount has been amended or cancelled.
Need help with your application? Refer to our User Guide Part 2 - Reward Application.
Energex has the right to audit any project before the reward payment is made.
Part 3 - Submit bank details
Once you have been advised your application is successful, you will be directed to login to the customer portal to submit bank details for reward payment.
Need help submitting bank details? Refer to our User Guide Part 3 - Submit Bank Details.
Terms and conditions
Read the Positive Payback for Business - Terms and Conditions for more information.