Hot water rewards
Claim $200 and save on your hot water costs by connecting your hot water system to an economy tariff.
By connecting your new and existing hot water system to an economy tariff, you can save energy and money year after year, while still enjoying the comforts of hot water at home.
Economy Tariff 31 provides electricity for a minimum 8 hours a day and Economy Tariff 33 provides electricity for a minimum 18 hours a day, both at a discounted rate.
Am I already on an economy tariff?
You will need to check your power bill to find out if you are already connected to an economy tariff. If you have electricity charges listed as 'Economy Tariff' or 'Super Economy Tariff' on your electricity bill, then you already have an economy tariff connected. Keep in mind that your electricity retailer may refer to these tariffs by another name. If it's not clear on your bill, you will need to ask your electricity retailer.
An electrician can also assess if you have any appliances connected to an economy tariff.
How do I arrange the connection?
- Connection. Contact a licenced plumber and electrician for a quote and to arrange connection of your hot water system to an economy tariff.
- Work completed. Once the work is completed, the electrician will submit an Electrical Work Request (EWR) to Energex. There will be an upfront meter installation charge applicable.
- Contact your electricity retailer. Contact your electricity retailer and let them know you have connected to an economy tariff. Your electricity retailer will then submit a Business to Business (B2B) request to Energex.
- Claim your reward! You are now ready to claim your reward.
Claim your reward
To claim your hot water reward you will need the following information on hand:
- Your bank account details (BSB and account number). We pay all rewards by EFT.
- A copy of your plumber's receipt (if applicable).
The hot water reward program applies to residential premises only.
You are now ready to log in to our Customer Portal and apply for your reward.
Visit our FAQs for more information.
Terms and conditions
Read the Hot Water Terms and Conditions for more information.