Pool rewards T&Cs
These terms and conditions are updated and effective from July 2018
Limits on the Reward
- Applications may be made for only one Reward per Eligible Property
- Applications may be made either by the owner
,or tenant of an Eligible Property or a building contractor providing services in respect of an Eligible Property, with only one Reward to the maximum value of $200 available per Eligible Property
- Application Forms must be submitted to Energex by 30 June 2020
- Application Forms must relate to the connection of a pool pump to gazetted Tariff 31 or 33 with such connection being completed between 1 July 2015 and 30 June 2020 (inclusive)
- Spas and Spa pumps are not eligible for a Reward
- Notwithstanding the above, Energex reserves the right to terminate the Initiative at any time prior to 30 June 2020. No Rewards will be payable in respect of any Application Forms submitted after the termination of the Initiative
Eligibility for Reward
The Applicant must:
- be aged 18 years or older
- be the electricity account holder at the Eligible Property or a building contractor providing services in respect of an Eligible Property at the time of making the application
- have the owner’s consent if the Applicant is a tenant or building contractor
- complete the online Application Form
- have not applied for and/or received any pool pump/ aftermarket drive or economy tariff pool reward from any other Energex initiative for the Eligible Property.
The decision whether a Reward is payable will be made by Energex in its absolute discretion following receipt of a correctly completed online Application Form. The Applicant acknowledges that notwithstanding it has properly completed the Application Form, Energex gives no guarantee of entitlement to a Reward.
Payment of Reward
Where Energex determines that an Applicant is eligible for a Reward, Energex will pay the reward by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) to the bank account nominated by the Applicant. Energex may refuse to pay the Reward if the Reward has previously been paid in respect of the premises under the Initiative.
The Applicant agrees that:
- Energex may reject any Application Form that is incomplete, not executed or not accompanied by the necessary documents (copy of proof of purchase and/ or installation) or which Energex has reason to believe is inaccurate or fraudulent
- Energex may make enquiries or audit as to any Application [including checking with electrical contractors] to determine whether the Reward is payable
- Energex may require repayment of the Reward if any information contained in the Application Form is not true and correct
- Energex shall not be responsible for, and the Applicant releases Energex to the full extent permitted by law for liability in respect of any warranty or other issues relating to the pool pump or aftermarket drive for the purposes of submitting this Application, including but not limited to all costs incurred by the Applicant in connection with this Application.
Energex is collecting, using and disclosing your personal information for the purpose of conducting this Initiative and advising you of ways to save energy through its demand management programs.
You consent to the use of your personal information as set out in the Application for the purposes of this Initiative and for similar initiatives that may be conducted by Energex, the Queensland Government and/or your local government council. If you do not provide your personal details, you may, at Energex’s discretion, not be eligible to participate in the Initiative to receive a Reward. You are entitled to access any personal information that Energex holds about you by contacting Energex on 13 12 53.
“Applicant”means person making the application (“Application Form”) for a Reward.
“Eligible Property” means any property within the Energex distribution network area in South East Queensland that has a swimming pool where a Pool Pump has been connected to either gazetted Tariff 31 or 33 with works completed between 1 July 2015 and 30 June 2020 (inclusive).
“Pool Pump” includes any fixed speed, variable speed, variable frequency, multispeed pool pump or after-market drive used to provide filtration or sanitation for a residential pool.
“Initiative”means Energex’s Positive Payback Pool Reward program.
“Reward”means a $200 Electronic Funds Transfer for the connection of a Pool Pump to gazetted Tariff 31 or 33.