Customer Self Service
You can submit network connection applications, self meter reads, cashback rewards claims, report network problems, and subscribe for notifications via Customer Self Service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What are the features and benefits?
Customer Self Service is quick and easy with some great features, including:
- Register once and your details will auto-fill each time you login. Learn how to register
- Submit applications for all types of connections, including home and work connections, solar PV systems, pumps and unmetered devices
- Save your connection application and complete it later
- Keep track of your connection applications online, and receive status notifications by email or SMS
- Accept a basic connection offer online, speeding up the process
- Subscribe for notifications about power outages and other services. Learn how to set-up SMS text notifications
- Dog owners can subscribe for meter reading notifications so you know when to restrain your dog
- Submit a self meter read if we visited your premises and left a card advising we couldn't access your meter
- Report a problem on our network, such as no power, faulty street lights, trees in lines, graffiti and other damage
- Submit a claim for cashback rewards for air-cons, pools and hot water systems.
You can also quickly check the progress of your connection application in Track Service Orders.
Check it out now!
See how Customer Self Service can help you with your online transactions. Some transaction types will ask you to register and login.
We can help you use Customer Self Service in the following ways.
These User Guides are step-by-step instructions to help you register and complete your profile, and submit your network connection application or enquiry.
- Self Service - How to change your registration details (PDF 3.1 mb)
- Self Service - How to use Enquiry (PDF 976.9 kb)
- Self Service - How to use MyCONNECT (PDF 578.0 kb).
Frequently asked questions
Our FAQs may help you with an enquiry about about Customer Self Service.
Where can I go for more information on Customer Self Service?
Our user guides (above) are a step-by-step reference on how to use Customer Self Service.
Feel free to call us on 13 12 53 and select the option for general enquiries.
I can’t validate my registration details in the email I received. What do I do?
The validation email we sent you is only current for 24 hours. If more time has passed, you'll need to re-register and look out for the email in your inbox to validate your registration.
Please take care when entering your email address as you won’t receive the validation email if the address is entered incorrectly.
Can I copy a Connect Application?
Yes, you can copy a submitted Connect Application.
What address details are required?
As much information that can be provided including a Lot, Plan (including RP or SP), street number, street name, suburb and if available pole/pillar number. This will assist in fast tracking your Connect Application.
What is the NMI?
NMI stands for National Metering Identifier. It is a unique 10 or 11 digit number used to identify every electricity network connection point in Australia. Every connection to the national electricity network is given its own NMI.
Where do I find my NMI?
You can find your NMI on your electricity bill. If you don’t have an electricity bill handy, you can search for the applicable address in Customer Portal to identify the NMI. If a new NMI is required, you can enter the address manually, ensuring you include as much information as possible.
Prefer to talk to someone on the phone? Call us on 13 12 53 and select the option for general enquiries.