Electrical Contractor fee claims
In some circumstances you may engage the services of an electrical contractor or tradesperson to rectify a supply fault within your home.
If this fault is due to Energex equipment failure, we have a reimbursement process to supplement the cost of the electrical contractor up to a maximum amount of $200 for any one claim.
How to lodge a claim for electrical contractor reimbursements
To apply for an electrical contractor reimbursement, you will need to mail or email the original paid invoice with your contact details and postal address to:
GPO Box 1461
Brisbane QLD 4001
- Remember to include the original paid invoice.
- All claims should also include a letter detailing the claim.
- The claim will be paid to the invoiced customer.
- If the cheque is to be made payable to another party, please include details in your letter outlining the reasons for this.
- Please note that we do not pay the electrical contractor or tradesperson directly.
- In the case of Real Estate Agents, they should confirm they are the agent managing your property in the letter. Any claims by non-account holders without this detail will be declined.
- We are unable to credit a reimbursement to an electricity account.
When will I receive a response?
Requests for reimbursement are generally completed within one month.
We may contact you by telephone before processing your claim if further information is required. After investigating your claim, we will either accept the claim and issue an acceptance letter and cheque, or issue a rejection letter.
Visit our FAQs for more information.