Loss or damage claims
We recognise our responsibilities and will consider compensation for acts or omissions where we are obliged to do so. The below information will assist you through the process of making a claim.
What you can't claim on
We do not accept responsibility for damage or losses that occur as a result of events that are outside our control, including:
- The effect of wildlife or vegetation contacting powerlines or apparatus.
- Natural disasters, storms or lightning related damage and their effect.
- Power interruptions where the cause cannot be reliably determined.
- Acts by others, such as vehicles contacting power poles or vandalism.
- Planned power interruptions as part of our normal work.
- Instruction by a controlling authority to interrupt power.
How to lodge a claim for loss or damage
When you lodge a claim we ask that you provide some information, including the time, date and address of the event leading to your claim, as well as any information regarding the costs of the damaged property. Where possible, please submit any reports you may have from qualified repairers that confirm the nature of the damage to the item.
We do not accept responsibility for damage or losses due to natural disasters and storm related weather events.
Claims can be lodged in the following ways:
- Fill out the online Claim for compenstation form
- Download, complete and send us the Claim for compensation form
- Call us on 13 12 53 and ask for a Claim for compensation form to be posted out.
Information and queries regarding a claim can be posted by:
Attention: Claims Section
GPO Box 1461
Brisbane QLD 4001
(07) 3025 8301;
Mark: 'For the attention of the Claims section'
The provision of claim information does not constitute an admission of liability on the part of Energex.