Super Safety Tips Competition Terms and Conditions
- Ergon Energy Corporation Limited (ABN 50 087 464 062) (Ergon) and Energex Limited (ABN 40 078 849 055) (Energex) are jointly conducting the Safety Heroes Super Safety Competition (Competition) in accordance with these terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions).
- Information on how to enter and the prizes associated with the Competition form part of these Terms and Conditions. Entrants into this competition are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- The Competition is divided into 2 separate categories:
- Competition for Prep to Year 3 - An individual competition, entrants can choose their favourite Safety Hero colouring sheet from one of three options provided and write their own safety tip in the speech bubble. Alternatively they can create their own drawing of their favourite Safety Hero being safe, and their safety tip. Entries can use any medium – pencil, crayon, paint or digital (Colouring Competition).
- Competition for Year 4 to 6 - A teacher-led class activity, entrants can make a 30 second video with classmates about a super safety tip they’ve learned during Electricity Safety Week (Video Competition).
- The Competition commences at 9:00am on Monday 3 September 2018 and closes at 5:00pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on Monday 24 September 2018.
Eligibility and entry
- The Competition is open to Queensland residents whose nominated school is registered for the Safety Heroes Program and who are enrolled:
- Prep to Year 3, for the Colouring Competition; or
- Year 4 to year 6, for the Video Competition.
- A maximum of one entry is permitted per student (Prep to Year 3 Colouring Competition), or class (Year 4-6 Video Competition).
- To enter the Competition, entries must be submitted via the competition website at either www.ergon.com.au/safetyheroes or www.energex.com.au/safetyheroes
- Colouring Competition:
- Entries must be submitted by a parent or guardian on the entrant’s behalf. The parent or guardian of the entrant must read and consent to all Terms and Conditions.
- Entries must be uploaded in .jpg format.
- Entrants must specify their school and class details, so that the class portion of the prize can be allocated.
- Video Competition:
- As the Video Competition is a teacher-led project, entries for the Video Competition must be submitted by a class teacher on the entrants’ behalf. The teacher must read and consent to all Terms and Conditions. All children featured in the Video Competition must have parental/guardian consent to participate in the competition. Evidence of parental/guardian consent may be requested for finalists. By entering the competition, the teacher warrants that appropriate parental/guardian consent has been obtained.
- Any video that does not meet acceptable safety guidelines, for example filming an unsafe electrical act, will be disqualified from the Competition..
- Entries must be uploaded in .mp4 or .mov format.
- By entering the Competition you warrant that the copyright to the Competition entry is owned by the entrant/s. The entry must:
- be the original work of the entrant/s, and not be copied from anyone else;
- not contain any materials and/or content that the entrant/s do not have permission to use;
- not include any trademarks;
- not show inappropriate or dangerous behaviour, or otherwise be obscene, defamatory, distasteful, offensive, or in breach of any applicable law;
- not contain any image or voice of any other person without that person’s express consent. Entrants warrant that if any such content is included, they have obtained the express consent of that person. Where the image or voice is of a person under the age of 18, consent from a parent or guardian is required.
If Ergon/Energex has reason to believe the entry does not meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions, we may disqualify it from the Competition.
- By entering the Competition you grant Ergon/Energex permission to publish or use the entry work, including the entrant/s name, teacher’s name and associated school to promote the Safety Heroes program. This may include:
- sharing the entry on our social media channels, reproduce entries on-site for promotional use
- use the entrant/s name and teacher’s name (in the case of the video competition), to announce them as the winner.
- It is a condition of entry into the video competition that teachers obtained a Consent and Release Form signed by a parent or guardian, for all children shown in the video entry. Signed forms must be uploaded at the time of entry. Failure to provide the required signed forms may result in disqualification of the entry.
- Under no circumstance will Ergon/Energex be liable for any loss, damage, loss of profit, revenue, business reputation or opportunity which may be sustained by an entrant, or any other person, in relation to this Competition, unless the liability cannot be excluded by law.
- Colouring competition: There are three (3) student prize winners. Each will receive a $100 family movie pass. In addition, the student’s class will receive a $200 prepaid EFTPOS card to be used by the teacher for a class outing/activity. Total prize value is $300.
- Video competition: There are three (3) class prize winners. Each will receive an iPad Mini (128GB) with a recommended retail price of $579 each, and a class prize of a $250 prepaid EFTPOS card to be used by the teacher for a class outing/activity. Total prize value is $829.
- The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
Winner selection and announcement
- Entries will be judged by Ergon/Energex and the top 12 finalists for each competition will be selected for a public vote. Entries will be judged on the basis of creativity and originality and moderated to represent a spread of entrants from different regions and class levels. Chance plays no part in determining the winning entry.
- Public voting on entries will commence from Tuesday 25 Sept, until midnight Monday 15 October 2018. The top three winners in each competition will be selected based on the highest votes.
- The winners will be announced on Tuesday 16 October via Ergon Network and Energex’s Facebook page and websites. The winning entrants and schools will be contacted by an Ergon/Energex representative.
- In order to claim the prize the winners must provide their contact details and if requested, evidence to Ergon and Energex’s satisfaction that they are a Queensland resident and that the winning school is registered in the Safety Hero program as per the Terms and Conditions.
- The winners consent to having their entry, their name, teacher’s name and school published and shared on Ergon Network and Energex’s websites and social media platforms, such as our Facebook page as well as for use in further promotion of the Safety Hero program through media, advertising and online.
- If a prize remains unclaimed by Tuesday 23 October 2018, or if a winning entrant is unable to satisfy the Terms and Conditions, Ergon/Energex may choose another winner in order to distribute the prize at its absolute discretion.
- Ergon/Energex’s decision on the selection of finalists is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. Ergon/Energex reserves the right to alter the Terms and Conditions of the Competition at any time at their discretion.
- The winners will be liable for all other expenses that are not specified in the prize details above.
- Any questions about the Competition, including how to enter, should be directed by email to email@example.com using “Safety Heroes Super Safety Tips Competition” in the subject line.