Vehicles with high loads

If you’re transporting a load more than 4.6m high under overhead powerlines, you’ll need to apply for our written authorisation.

We’ll assess your load, your intended route and times of travel to make sure that your high load won’t contact overhead powerlines.

To apply for your permit:

  1. Download a Notification to Transport High Loads form (PDF 256.8 kb)
  2. Email your completed form to

Note: you must have our written authorisation to travel before transporting a high load.

You can find more information in: