27 January 2013
Please see below for the latest statistical updates RE the severe weather damage:
• Crews have restored power to more than 33,000 homes and businesses since midday 26 January 2013
• Currently more than 41,000 are without power in Ipswich, Moreton Bay, Logan and Brisbane’s western, northern and bayside suburbs. The worse affected region is Gympie and Sunshine Coast. For more information go to energex.com.au
• Very high winds and poor visibility as well as difficult access conditions are impacting our crews’ ability to restore power quickly. Initial indications are some home and businesses could be without power until tomorrow at the earliest as we work through repairs
• If you choose to use a generator, please ensure it is in an open space and well ventilated
• More than 400 powerlines down reports have been received
• We urge the community to report fallen powerlines on 13 19 62. Any fallen powerline could still be live so please keep well away and keep others away
• Home owners in known flooding areas should prepare themselves, including having an emergency kit which includes a torch with fresh batteries and a radio to monitor weather and power restoration information
• Where possible secure loose items such as outdoor furniture and clear tree branches from your yard if it is safe to do so
• Follow us on twitter and Facebook for more power restoration information.
You require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view or print documents.
||13 19 62|
||13 62 62|
||13 12 53|