Storm Fast Facts 3pm
27 January 2013
- Crews have restored power to around 38,000 homes and businesses since midday 26 January 2013
- Currently more than 78,000 are without power in Ipswich, Moreton Bay, Logan, parts of the Gold Coast and Brisbane. The worse affected region is Gympie and Sunshine Coast. For more information go to energex.com.au
- Crews are focusing on making areas safe in these difficult conditions as very high winds and poor visibility as well as difficult access conditions have impacted our crews restoring power quickly
- If you are in are in a known flood area, hinterland regions and isolated areas, initial indications are some home and businesses could be without power until tomorrow at the earliest as we work through repairs
- If you choose to use a generator, please ensure it is in an open space and well ventilated
- More than 500 powerlines down reports have been received
- We urge the community to report fallen powerlines on 13 19 62. Any fallen powerline could still be live so please keep well away and keep others away
- If you still have power, take the opportunity now to prepare your emergency kit including a torch with fresh batteries and ensure your mobile phone and/or laptop is fully charged in preparation for possible power interruptions over the next 24 hours
- Follow us on twitter and Facebook for more power restoration information.
You require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view or print documents.
Back to top