A mural pained on an electricity asset
You’re seeing information for
South East Queensland
Not on the right website?
Go to the Ergon Energy Network website

Decorating poles & assets

Are you interested in decorating one of our assets such as a pole, pillar and or padmount transformer?

Artists are required to apply for the opportunity to paint our assets. Read on for how to apply.

Who can apply?

Anyone can apply to decorate an asset. If you'd like to apply there are a few steps artists are required to complete, including:

  • Contact your relevant local council to comply with their specific public artwork guidelines
  • Ensure you have the appropriate insurance to undertake the work
  • Have your design endorsed by us

An artist painting an electricity asset

How to apply?

  1. 1 Complete the application form
  2. 2 Check in with the relevant local council

    They'll have the do’s and dont's of public artworks in their area and provide you with a written endorsement.

  3. 3 Attach the written endorsement

    The relevant local council approval of the artwork must be attached to your application.

  4. 4 Seek independent legal advice

    It's your responsibility when entering into any agreement, including a deed poll to to ensure you have the right advice.

  5. 5 Scan and email the application

    Ensure you include the written relevant local council endorsement and send to FacilitiesAccess@energyq.com.au.

When can work start?

When your complete application has been submitted, (including completed deed poll document and evidence of relevant local council approval of your artwork) you're able to commence work.