Hand typing on a computer keyboard

Insurance letter request

It's important to remember, your home and contents insurance policy may cover electrical-related damage (which can include storm events) to your property or appliances. In this case, you should direct your claim to your insurance company in the first instance.

Letters for damage claims

Your insurance company may require you to provide information from us confirming the nature and cause of the power outage. You can obtain a confirmation letter from us by submitting an Insurance letter request form.

Loss of supply letter to support your application for Essential Services Hardship Assistance (ESHA) Grant

We have provided the relevant customer power outage data to the Department to assist with their administration of relief payments to impacted customers.

Please apply for an ESHA Grant directly with the Department of Communities.   

Please see https://www.qld.gov.au/community/disasters-emergencies/disasters/money-finance/eligibility-apply for eligibility criteria and how to apply.

You can also call the Community Recovery Hotline on 1800 173 349 for advice.