We offer apprenticeship opportunities across four trade areas:
- Apprentice Electrician
- Distribution Linesperson
- Communications Technician
- Underground Cable Jointer
Please note: not all trade areas are necessarily offered in every apprentice intake.
An apprenticeship with us is never dull. As an apprentice you’ll gain practical, on-the-job experience, and you’ll earn a wage right from the start. You’ll study the theory and the practice of your chosen trade across our training centres, and other vocational education and training centres, depending on your trade.
Every three months, you’ll rotate through different areas of our business to get a broad experience of how the electricity supply industry works.
Benefits of an apprenticeship
We offer our apprentices some great benefits:
- a 9 day fortnight, which means a long weekend every fortnight and excellent work-life balance
- supplied uniforms and tools, personal protective equipment including helmets, hats, glasses, gloves, safety boots
- fully paid subject course fees and text books
- support and mentoring during the program.
Apprentices start their training at our in-house technical training centre at Rocklea, south of Brisbane, before they join their assigned ‘hubs’. There are six hubs in South East Queensland:
- Sunshine Coast (Maroochydore)
- Gold Coast (Southport)
- Ipswich/Lockyer (Raceview)
- Brisbane South (Greenslopes)
- Brisbane Central (Kelvin Grove)
- Brisbane North (Geebung).
Locations for specific apprenticeship positions will be shown on our latest intake webpage when we are advertising for applications.
What’s required to be an apprentice?
To apply for an apprenticeship you must have at least one of the following:
- completed Year 12 and passed Senior Maths A or General Maths, English and a Science subject is highly advantageous, or
- completed equivalent pre-vocational studies including a 1Certificate II in Electrotechnology, or
- have relevant work experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all people to apply for our apprenticeships.
When can I apply?
You can apply for an apprenticeship when we’re advertising for applicants, which usually happens about twice a year.
Visit our latest intake webpage to see if we’re advertising right now.
Got any more questions?
If you still have questions, you might find answers on our FAQs webpage, or you can contact one of our Apprentice Management Team members:
T: 1800 262 353
1 While Certificate II in Electrotechnology is advantageous, it doesn't guarantee you progression through the recruitment process.